Tuesday, June 4

Spelling Poster

I love my project-a-day.

Today's project was a Spelling poster. We have Storytown, but we use Pathways to Reading for our phonics and spelling curriculum. Last year I noticed one of my teamies had an awesome poster she had made to display the weekly list. I finally had time to make one for myself!

The first half of the year we segment our words by sound, so we call those dots sound dots. You write each sound in the word on top of a dot. Then you write the whole word on the line.


The second half of the year we focus on syllabication, so we segment the spelling words by syllables. You write each syllable on a different line. Then you write the whole word on the long line.


I really love this poster and can't wait to get it laminated at school and put it to use next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! :o)