Saturday, October 5

Number and Operations of Base Ten

It's been a week. Hopefully I get to a point where that's not the case, but I'm not there yet. Luckily, I had a nice long conversation with the AP Friday so we can turn this year around. This class is just special. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, like I'm a first year teacher again. If I get a moment along the way, I'll share about some of the changes that will happen in my room. I'm hoping that before long, I'll be singing a different tune!

Today, I'm sharing some activities I made to use in my small MTSS (RTI) tier 2 Math group. They are loving these activities, especially the ones where we pull out the crayons or scissors. I think having a strong number sense is an important starting place!

We're currently working on the Number and Operations of Base Ten common core standards.


These are just a few of the activities I made. There are 12 in all...so far. I debated on whether to offer these as a freebie or to post them for sale. I decided to post them for sale in my store, but I wanted to offer them FREE to the first 2 or 3 people who commented with an email.

Hope you are having an amazing weekend,
post signature

4 comments:

  1. We just started place value this past Thursday. Place value is one of my favorite units to teach in Math.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to send you a copy of my resources, Jamie. Maybe they'll fit into your place value unit. Just leave me your email, if you're interested!

      Delete
  2. We have been working on place value the last week! These look wonderful!
    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'd love a copy, too! xo
    Rebecca
    rebasutton@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! No comment goes unread! :o)