Monday, April 28

3 Things on a Monday

First, I'm super excited about my blog design and button changes. Love its simplicity. I can't thank Megan enough for those videos she's posted about DIY blog designing. Check out her blog, please!

Second, sub planning is the w-o-r-s-t. There's SO MUCH that goes into being gone and having someone else (who is unfamiliar with your routines and kids) fill your shoes. I try to be as thorough as possible in my plans and label everything. (Today's sub plans were 4 pages long.)

There's also all the other prep too...

Making sure the lunch count and mailbox stuff is set up.

Making sure MTSS (RTI) groupings are up to date and stuff is ready to go.

Cleaning off my desk (as much as possible) for the sub. (Yikes! I just need a clean-off-my-desk day. That's definitely an area where I can improve.)

It all takes hours (for me, anyway) to get ready for a sub. (I was thinking today that I need to create a checklist for myself because I always worry that I've forgotten something.)

Third, do you participate in Jameson's monthly SLANT boxes? I just sent my April one today to Lacey at The Fabulous Life of an Elementary Teacher. I'm super excited for her to receive her box later this week. If you are planning on participating in the May SLANT box, I was at Target the other day and saw something you might be interested in.


Part of the May theme is using monograms. I saw this basket of monograming letters either in the thank you/invitation card aisle or one of the party aisles. I can't remember. I was super excited to see that basket, though, knowing I was going to need get my monogram on in the next month. Yay, Target!

Hope you have a great rest of the week!
Friday, we have field trip #1. Stay tuned for details,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sub planning is the worst! And I think I need a checklist, too, because I'm always remembering, too late, one or two things I've forgotten!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sara. I'm the same way about forgetting something too late. This time it was forgetting to lay out a mini-reader on money that an MTSS group was supposed to start their half hour with... oops! They just had to read it on Tuesday instead. Only teachers understand the millions of things running through a teacher's jumbled brain at one time, trying to prepare for 20 kids for 8 hours of someone else being in charge. We don't get paid enough for the responsibility on our shoulders, that's for sure! :) That's why teachers don't become teachers for the pay check! Ha!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! :o)