Tuesday, July 15

Memorable Students

Today, I'm participating in the Big Time Blogging Challenge. The topic is sharing about memorable students. Since I've taught for 8 years, I have plenty of students that immediately come to mind when I think back on each year. I'll share a quick memory from each year...
1. A spunky little boy was in trouble several times for acting like a monkey in the boys' bathroom. He would climb all over the stall partitions. Strangely, I had several conferences with the parents about various behaviors and their idea was to take him out for waffles. Hmm...
2. I was working with a group of my higher students in guided reading. A boy bent down, for what I can't remember, but his head went straight for the table. We all heard a loud smack. He was perfectly fine, but that little 15 second event sure gave me the giggles the rest of the day.

3. Ahh, the year I had two interesting kids. One, I felt the need to walk on egg shells around because the student would tell parents stories about what had happened that weren't completely true, like I refused to let the kids drink water on a hot day. The other, I felt could have some serious anger issues when older. The dad was intimidating!

4. My class and I took walks occasionally this year so that one little friend could be removed because my little friend was very uncooperative at times. In the next couple years, I heard there was trouble with the police. However, every once in a while we would cross paths, and the student always seemed excited to see me again. I must've made a positive impact regardless of the negatives.

5. I had the sweetest boy this year who was a real friend to everyone. I'm sure once he went to middle school he was teased to no end. Every now and then I see him and wonder if his drastic difference in appearance is due to teasing.
6. This year, my storyteller sticks out to me. He had a story for every lesson and situation. He's filled with facts and information, sometimes to his parents' chagrin, I'm sure. Turns out his little sibling is the exact same, though I didn't have the pleasure of having the sibling in my class last year.

7. I had a pretty fun class this year. They were generally happy and got along well. I had several memorable students. One that will always be on my heart is this sweet little girl that had a terrible time with her family situation. I will remember her attitude and big heart, regardless of the difficulty she was going through.

8. I had a spunky little student who rocked a unique fashion daily. There were days that I wanted to pull my hair out, but, thankfully, the student didn't feel the same way. This student loves {almost} everything {that doesn't involve reading and math}. I will be expecting plenty of hugs and hellos from across the hall next year.


I love hearing teachers tell stories of memorable moments. 
You should share some of your memories too!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love how resilient kids are? They can be so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the memories that flood my mind as I read through yours. Very similar stories! ha ha

    Teaching In Stride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We experience the whole spectrum in our careers if we're lucky, huh? :)

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading your little stories about your kids!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you did one for each year! The stories were so cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! No comment goes unread! :o)