Monday, September 1

September Currently

It's September, so you know what that means...


I am currently listening to the sounds of the house. My husband went to a coffee shop to grade some papers (he teaches college Math). If he were here, I'd probably be listening to the sounds of tennis.

I just love 3 day weekends. I like to sleep. I like extra time to get things done.

Tomorrow is our 8th anniversary. Tomorrow is also a day where my husband has an evening class and doesn't get home until very late, so we're going to celebrate tonight.


Even though Hubs left to grade papers, I decided I better get up to make sleep even nicer tonight. I'm a natural night owl, so sometimes I try to make myself get up early to help me fall asleep easier. I wish I could fall asleep like Hubs. He hits the pillow and is out seconds later. Not me.

What I should be doing right now... what I need to do is finish getting ready for school tomorrow!

1. I have been to California but never to see any redwoods. They just seem so amazing.
2. I went to Washington D.C. when I was very little, maybe 5 or 6, so I don't remember very much of it at all. Just the changing of the guard. I want to go back for sure!
3. We often talk about going to Europe, but I'm not certain that would ever really happen. My sister-in-law just moved to Spain for the second time, though. She lived there last year but had to come back in June. She worked through the summer trying to find a job again so that she could go back because she'd started dating someone there. I suppose if she ended up making it a permanent home we'd have to save up and go see her. Boo hoo, right?

Hope you enjoy your 3rd day of the weekend!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Spain is so beautiful! I would love to go back. Happy Anniversary! Congrats on eight years.

    Sweet Tea and Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 8 years! You're picture is beautiful!

    Primary on the Prowl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 8th wedding anniversary! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable couple- Happy Anniversary!! Spain would be breathtaking, I bet. Great destination choice! ;)
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grading papers, yuck :) But it has to be done. Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding picture and hope you have an amazing day celebrating.

    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww happy anniversary - I just found your blog and will have to stop by more often.
    :o)
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! :o)