Sunday, November 2

Currently November

Good morning!
Or afternoon... evening... whenever you are taking a moment to read.
Glad you could stop in for a bit.


This morning we're skipping our regular church service to travel to the church where my grandma plays the piano. Love time with family! Then, I think we're going to meet at my parents' house for a meal together. Double yay yay!

I've been thinking that I need to simplify and slow down a lot lately, but it can be so hard sometimes. I'm the type of person that if there's something that needs to be done and there's no one else to do it, I say yes, please. Then, sometimes I feel overloaded by all the commitments I've made. Do you ever feel that way?

Our school is currently reading The Leader in Me by Stephen Covey. You can browse the website here. Or you can buy the book here. I've only read through the second chapter so far, but it seems to be a really good book and an easy read. If you've read the book, I'd be interested to read your thoughts about it or about how it has changed your classroom/school.

Thanks for reading to the end!
Have a blessed Sunday!

post signature


6 comments:

  1. I'm that type of person too. I have to get things done and now I'm overwhelmed. Here's to breathing a little bit this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read Leader in Me 2 years ago and are hoping to apply for the grant next year! We have slowly been doing things in the school with it and it is great!!! We see big changes in the kiddos. I can't wait to do the real thing! Have a great day!
    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    We actually are a Leader In Me School! This is our second year with full implementation and the kids really respond well to it. If your school is on your way to becoming a Leader In Me school, you'll love it! Have a great day!!
    Alisha
    Missing Tooth Grins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slowing down seems to be a "teacher" thing! We are so on the go and just want some time to enjoy the people around us! Glad you get to be with your family today--that is a great way to spend a Sunday!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's easy to get over involved! Simplifying sounds easy but it's super hard. It is worth it!!!! It's to easy to get burned out by being involved in to much! I bet you're looking forward to spending time with your family over Thanksgiving!

    Heidi Neels
    Flipping For First

    ReplyDelete
  6. I barely slow down before Christmas break! The fall semester of school always is catch up and move on for me. This year I have a student teacher, who is amazing, and I finally feel like I can breathe a bit. Too bad she is gone after Dec. 12th :o(

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! :o)